An evaluation was done on a Bruckner stenter to justify claims made by Tandematic on:
- Stenter rail guiding system
- Split level decurlers
- Off-stenter trimming system
- Trim waste management system
The following improvements were observed on the first system fitted:
- Improvement in fabric edge presentation i.e. elimination of miss pinning (half moons)
- Radical reduction in trimmed width of cut, i.e. 5 cm each side (10 cm total) was reduced to 1.5 cm each side (3 cm total)
- Consistent gum edge presentation
- Significantly reduced workload for the operators
- Reduction in operators needed on the stenter
As the above advantages were immediately apparent, we decided to fit identical systems to our other two stenters in terms of both decurling, waste management and off stenter trimming systems.
The payback period was less than 4 months in terms of the capex investment proposal in all three cases.
We have no hesitation in recommending the fitment of this Tandematic equipment as a standard either onto a new stenter purchased or on an existing stenter where the non-Tandematic equivalents are usually found lacking.